Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lips Like Sugar

"I am so glad that you are here. It means a lot to me. The others don't seem like they want anything to do with me most of the time."

"You are such a silly man, do you know that?"

"Is that why everyone else tires of me so quickly?"

"Listen, you are like sugar. Everybody loves you and wants you."

"I see the green eyed monster of jealousy its showing its head, quite literally in fact. Although I do not consider you a monster in any sense."

"Of course I am jealous. Because I have a real sweet tooth."

"Is that so?"

"Absolutely. But I know deep down that I have nothing to fear. Others tire of sugar after a short time. It is too much for them to handle."

"What if that happens with you? I suppose that someday, even you will tire of me. You will become ill at the very sight of me, and not be able to look at me again for a very long time. And what will I do then? I will suffer greatly. The candy jar is a lonely place without the thought that someone will eventually open it up."

"That will never happen."

"How do you know?"

"Let me tell you a secret of mine. A well-kept secret, until now. I have more than one sweet tooth. In fact, all of my teeth are very keen to sugar. It will be an eternity and then some before all of them tire of the stuff."

"That is very good news for me. Now I will not have to worry about being alone. It fills me with joy to think that I will be able to please you for that long."

"This brings up another matter. It has been too long since I have gotten my last fix. The sugar high, I'm afraid, is wearing off. And I am beginning to feel quite miserable."

"How can I help you?"

"Your tongue is like candy to me. The sweetest of it all. I find it very unfair that you keep it hidden away from me, when you know of my addiction to it. I have not tasted that candy in an agonizingly long while. My teeth, they ache with longing for it. They have not felt it's sugary goodness coating them for far too long. And the worst part is that you are teasing me. You have set up shop, and you are displaying such things to me that I cannot ignore. Your butterscotch curls, your blue raspberry ice eyes, your candy apple lips, they taunt me. They are a constant reminder of what I am missing out on."

"I see. That does seem a bit unfair. I wouldn't want to deny your daily fill."

"You are very gracious. But I have just one question."

"And what might that be?"

"Will I have sole access to the candy store? I would hate to see it shared by others with greedy, lustful eyes."

"No, this store is just for you, and you alone."

"I'm glad. Now please, may I sample your wares? "

"You may do more than that. But might I give you a suggestion?"

"Absolutely, you are the expert after all."

"I suggest you start with the candy apples."

"You read my mind."



THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment