Thursday, January 28, 2010

How I Feel

"It's tiiiiiime!" screeched Chris in a shrill voice, to no one in particular. He had been waiting for this day for nearly a month.

"Time for what?" asked Guy, sticking his head in the door.

"Woah Guy, don't sneak up on me like that! I could've been naked for all you know!" Chris shrieked, laughing.

Guy just gave him a bored look. "Yeah, sure you will be." They were all used to Chris's typical early morning hyperactivity. Although today, Guy thought Chris seemed extra hyped up.

"What is with you today? Have you had....chocolate?" He shuddered at the word. Chris plus chocolate did not go well together. He walked into Chris's room, looking in the garbage for wrappers.

"No, not yeeeeeet," he sung. "But hopefully I will get some!"

"Nobody is going to give you any chocolate Chris. I will make sure of that myself. You clearly don't need it."

Chris pretended to pout. "Not even on.....Valentine's Day? Surely Dr. Love hasn't forgotten that today is Valentine's Day?"

"Dr. L-no, I'm not even going to ask. But what's so special about Valentine's Day? It's not like you have anyone to celebrate with." He crossed his arms and smiled smugly.

"Maybe not yet, but in a little while I may have someone after all! Just wait and see!"

Guy just shook his head and left the room. Chris was clearly off of his rocker.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Chris was pacing back and forth in the front hall.

"Chris, stop that. You'll wear a hole in the floor."

"I can't help it Will, I'm nervous!"

"About what?" he asked grouchily.

"About my package! I am supposed to be getting a package in the mail today! What if it doesn't come? What if it never comes!!??"

"I'm sure it will come. Stop being so paranoid. Who is the sender?"

"Jonny!" giggled Chris excitedly.

"But isn't he coming back from his vacation next week? Why does he need to send you something now?"

"Well....he might stay an extra couple of days," replied Chris, shrugging.

* * * * * * * * * * *

An hour later Chris finally heard a knock on the door and ran to answer it. He saw the brown package and squealed with delight. He quickly singed for it and was already opening it before the delivery man had made it down the driveway.

After mutilating the packaging, he peered inside the box. His heart leaped. Inside was a box of chocolates and a letter. He didn't even need to read the letter to know what it would say. The chocolates told him everything he need to know. But he read it anyways, just to be sure.

Chris,

Thank you for sending me that letter. I needed to hear that. I never would have had the courage to tell you how I felt. I admire you for that.

As you probably already figured out from the chocolates I sent you, I do feel the same way as you, and accept your proposition. I mean, of course I would. The only reason I came to this damn island in the first place was because I couldn't bear to look at you and not have to courage to say how I felt.

Please come in two days. We can spend a whole week together, before we have to return to London to start recording again and all of that. But don't think of that now. Just think of you and me, together at last.

With all the love in the world(it feels so good to finally say that),
Jonny

P.S.-I agree, let's not tell anyone about this.




THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment