Friday, April 9, 2010

Dressed To Please

I was late
For a very important date.
This was one I could not miss.
I had to see Jonny.
On this I did insist.

So to my room I go
And under a pillow
Was a shirt.
I put it on.
Sure, that’ll work.

I grab a pair of pants
And I do a little dance
Because they’re black,
And black goes with everything.
Unless I’m on crack?

Now I needed shoes
But I found it hard to choose.
It was muddy outside,
And I needed to look nice.
So the sandals I denied.

Now with boots on my feet
I stepped out onto the street.
But weather was not warm.
So I went back inside
To give my dress a quick reform.

I wrapped a scarf around my neck
And was toasty in a sec.
For good measure I added a hat.
I felt much better now
And was out the door in seconds flat.

Hurriedly I made my way
Down London streets by the light of day.
Soon I reached the desired place.
I moved my eyes around
And they it lit up when they saw his face.

He was just standing there
His beauty more than I could bear.
He smiled at me.
Then held me close.
“You’re just the man I’ve been waiting to see.”

He looked me up and down then laughed.
“Sorry, I don’t mean to chaff.”
“Your clothes just look so funny.”
I frowned and so he kissed me hard.
“But it’s okay, I still love you honey.”

No comments:

Post a Comment